If you find it increasingly difficult to spend time in your kitchen, simple shortcuts can make it easier to tackle your tasks. Here are 25 Brilliant Kitchen Shortcuts you’ll Wish You Knew Sooner:
- Freeze what you can including leftover wine that you can use later for sauces, egg whites, herbs, fruits for smoothies as well as veggie and animal stick.
- Place your clean film wrap in a fridge to make it easy to use.
- If you have any egg shells floating, remove them using a wet finger.
- Place your ice cream containers inside Ziploc bags to keep the ice cream soft.
- Fill a foil pouch with wood chips if you want to lend a smokiness to your meat when preparing it in an oven.
- Dice your avocado perfectly for guacamole using a potato masher.
- If you have leftover cake, us it to make a trifle by layering it with whipped cream and fruit in an attractive glass bowl.
- Use a pizza roller to chop herbs such as cilantro and rosemary.
- When boiling eggs, add a teaspoon of salt so that the eggshell can come off as one chunk.
- Clean your blender by running it while it is full of warm water and dishwashing liquid.
- Place old bread or buns in a blender to turn them into breadcrumbs.
- Line your counters with a baking sheet to make clean up quickly after.
- Use a straw to pit cherries and hull strawberries.
- Place a lemon in the microwave for several seconds to squeeze its juice easily.
- Grate cheese over your dishes to get a better glaze.
- If you are too busy, use fewer ingredients to make prepping and cooking easy and straightforward.
- Instead of rinsing your pasta, let it dry out on a baking tray and use the water to make a flavorful sauce.
- Use your microwave effectively because it can be used for a lot more than warming food.
- If you are interested in cooking quickly, opt for seafood because it cooks within a matter of seconds.
- Prepare a rotisserie chicken on Sundays and use it to make quick dinners during the rest of the week.
- Utilize an empty water bottle cap if you find it difficult to separate your yokes from the egg whites.
- A Bundt pan can be used to remove the corn from a cob easily.
- The bottom of a ceramic mug can also be used to sharpen your knives.
- Store your muffins and cupcakes in a mason jar to preserve their freshness.
- If your peanut butter is super oily, store it upside down to distribute the oil evenly when you flip it the right side up during the application process.